I remember when... I remember... I remember when I lost my mind
Ha! I had to start off with a little tidbit of one of my favorite jams!
Well… I do remember when I seemed so distorted with anxiety & when
depression had me in a chokehold on my entire being.
Coming into the age of Christ this week, the age of grace (33 years), I vow to have the most grace with myself while I continue to uncover the layers of conditioning and trauma.
My life, like everyone else’s, has been full of ups and downs. My story is pretty much summarized in my memoir. If you haven’t read it, you can purchase it here…
There have been many many ups and I am so grateful for them.
Turning 33 having accomplished so many beautiful things in my lifetime thus far puts so much into perspective. Here are 33 lessons I have learned : NOTE: I don’t love them all and still find them hard to process at times or to put into practice but the universe won’t let you forget them.
1. I cannot make anyone else happy but myself.
2. I am responsible for how I handle every single situation.
3. There’s nothing wrong with me.
4. Humility has nothing to do with money.
5. Love should be unconditional but it isn’t.
6. Saying no can be better than saying yes.
7. Always say yes to yourself.
8. Put yourself first, not only, just first.
9. My children don’t belong to me (not in the way we think).
10. Nothing is permanent.
11. Love languages can change over time.
12. Age does not determine wisdom or maturity.
13. Manifestation is real.
14. Politics don’t stop at the governmental level.
15. Money is an illusion.
16. Luxury is superficial.
17. Mental peace can be confused with boredom.
18. Everyone is capable of learning.
19. Only a few people will really value your energy and efforts.
20. God is love.
21. Working hard is not overrated.
22. Relationships are hard when you are not on the same frequency levels.
23. Not everyone will understand you.
24. Life is too short on earth when you spend it doing the things you don’t love.
25. Your spirit/energy is your actual existence.
26. The truth hurts no matter what.
27. Forgiveness may not include forgetting.
28. Your youth has already taught you everything you need to know about yourself.
29. Growing up is not about finding yourself, it's about uncovering the layers that were put on you as a child/adolescent.
30. Love is nothing like movies, Disney, your parents, books, etc. It is unique to every person.
31. People do as they see, not what they hear.
32. Say what you mean.
33. Listen to understand and not to reply.
These were only a few in between the hundreds…
Cheers to me and all the lessons that are yet to be learned. Stay along for the journey and keep up with my blogs and other projects.
Lillian likes to share her thoughts. Sometimes her experiences are shared here and on her podcast; True Lessons
All rights reserved. No part of my blogs may be reproduced or used in any manner without the prior written permission of the copyright owner, except for the use of brief quotations in a review with proper credits.These are my thoughts but I also consider them to be sacred on some level. Be sure to contact me for permission.
© 2020 La Autora